- U.S. Census Bureau, demographic reports on child care usage and costs
- Center for the Child Care Workforce research, documentation, advocacy, training and organizing around the issues of better compensation and working conditions in the field of early care and education.
- Center for the Future of Children Providing research and analysis to promote effective policies and programs for children
- Child Care and Early Education: Research Connections including research reports and summaries; datasets and statistics; and data collection instruments
- The Child Care Law Center’s primary objective is to use legal tools to foster the development of high quality, affordable child care.
- Child Welfare League of America an association of more than 1,100 public and private nonprofit agencies that assist over 3.5 million abused and neglected children and their families each year with a wide range of services
- CDF – Children’s Defense Fund
- Cornell: Linking Economic Development and Child Care
- National Network for Child Care
- Connections Newsletter
- Families and Work Institute
- National Head Start Association, a national forum for the continued enhancement of Head Start services for poor children ages 0 to 5 and their families.
- National Information Center for Youth and Children with Disabilities (NICHCY)provides information on disabilities and disability-related issues for families, educators, and other professionals.
- Provider Appreciation Day, annually the Friday before Mother’s Day, has been established as a nationally recognized day devoted to advocacy for the child care profession.
- Zero to Three: National Center for Infants, Toddlers and Families
- The White House including a Gateway to Government
- Library of Congress/Thomas current information about Congress and the status of all current bills.
Choosing Child Care
- National Association of Child Care Resource & Referral Agencies (NACCRRA) Help finding child care anywhere in the country.
- New York State Child Care Resource and Referral Agencies For finding child care
- Child Care Aware: Resource and Referral Agencies; Tools for Parents including “Evaluating a Child Care Provider” Checklist
- A Parent’s Guide to Choosing Safe and Healthy Child Care from the National Resource Center for Health and Safety in Child Care
Early Childhood Education
- Early Childhood.Com articles/resources, arts & crafts, useful links
- Early Childhood and Parenting Collaborative Information Technology Group (ECAP/ITG)
- Everything Preschool including recipes for Gunk, Blubber, Flubber, Goop and Slime!
- NYS Early Childhood Career Development Initiative
- National Association for the Education of Young Children (NAEYC)
- National Association of Child Care Professionals committed to strengthening the professional skill level of child care directors and owners.
- National Child Care Association serving the private, licensed childhood care and education community
- Teaching Strategies, Creative Curriculum resources including e-mail newsletter and list serv.
Family Child Care Provider Resources
- Family Child Care Association of New York State
- National Association for Family Child Care Providers (NAFCC)
- Redleaf National Institute The National Center for the Business of Family Day Care
Health and Safety
- American Academy of Pediatrics
- Child and Adult Care Food Program, NYS DOH
- Consumer Product Safety Commission
- Kids Health for parents, kids, and teens from the medical experts of The Nemours Foundation
- National Health Information Center, A database about children’s foundations and organizations.
- SAFE KIDS a national organization dedicated solely to the prevention of unintentional childhood injury.
- I Am Your Child: Online center for information about early childhood development and resources for parents and caregivers
- KidSource: children’s healthcare and education information
last update: 4. April 2012